Thursday, March 19, 2009

Belated Dingday?

At the risk of sounding too geeky, sometimes it's crazy how fast your characters can grow.

In just a couple weeks, Mudpaw went from this:



(lol what a noob jeez)


...to this:



(WHAR MY EPIX AT)

At last, Mudpaw is ready to take on the big baddies of Northrend! Er, sort of. There's always that pesky "gear" thing, which is frustrating when you first start out. More specifically, trying to find groups to acquire said gear, and then also hoping that they are not after the same item, can be a huge headache depending on the time, day, and cycle of the moon. Fortunately, after only a few days of these headaches, little Mudpaw was grandfathered into a guild Naxxramas run. He didn't do too terribly, all things considered, and got two lovely upgrades.

Actually, what I was most excited about this run was the opportunity to use Karthis's "Swiping your way to the top" strategy on trash. It's funny, because the part I hate most about AoE pulls on my rogue is freaking Fan of Knives. Don't get me wrong, it's great that all rogue specs finally have a decent AoE ability (...that doesn't have a 2 minute cooldown either), but man is it obnoxious as hell. FoK and Swipe are still pretty much just mashing the same button over and over again, but at least Swipe doesn't look and sound completely asstastic?

Ok, that's not really fair. FoK has a lot of great uses (e.g. Sartharion -- being able to dispel tons of enraged mobs at once is something pretty handy), but I still find the Swipe strategy more interesting, if only because you can work in Tiger's Fury and Berserk every couple pulls. FoK is pretty much just... FoK.

Anyway, even though I was Swiping with glee for most of the night, it didn't go quite as well as I had expected. The problem with getting taken to one of these runs is that everyone there is already pretty good.. and the mobs were dead before I could get Savage Roar up. Whoops. Not that I could have expected anything better, but I was 18th on trash with a whopping 2,051 dps overall.

One day I will be okay at trash and AoE. But that day is not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment